about.me

http://m.facebook.com/bqas.org

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Importance of building trace ability Part 2

Hi,

If you had the situation as scenario 1, but ended going through the whole project. You submitted your row when the plasterboard was installed on the walls. You have effectively controlled your liability to the ten year window. But sadly the issue still arises that the client nor the bca having any legal obligation to inform you of the fact that they might be selling the house.

If the same issue arose where the future homeowner installed french doors without consent. You as the registered builder on the site would need to justify the fact that the house does leak. You and your legal counsel will be scrambling to get your row together to win in court.

I am absolutely convinced that if you do not have traceability in the process of building the project you will open yourself up wide for automatic failure. This will then commit you personally to liability of something you did not even do.

I am keen to help you create this process of traceability. I am able to charge you a site visit fee of $85.00 within the 35km radius of Auckland. I have been working on something called the

"Builders Quality Assurance System".

 This will at least help you accurately document the process. In addition to this I am working on creating a new role called the Building industry adviser" to mentor and help you. If any ones keen contact me.

Carl Graham 0279479884 c ityguildsbuild@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment